Next Biosciences places great importance on data security and data protection. Protecting your personal rights is very important to us and we respect the safety of your personal data.
Next Biosciences shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who have subscribed to the services offered by Next Biosciences. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use and protect personal information.
Personal information includes the following:
- information collected on registration; and
- optional information voluntarily provided to Next Biosciences
Acceptance of Terms
We may send administrative messages, email updates regarding the website and promotional content to you. You have the right to unsubscribe or opt-out of these communications at any time.
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us at any time by giving us written notice thereof.
You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing notice thereof on the website, or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
Collection of Data
Once you have registered on our website, by providing us with your personal information, you will no longer be anonymous to us.
This personal information will include:
- Name and surname;
- Postal Address and Postal Code;
- Residential Address;
- Email Address;
- Telephone Numbers;
- Username and Password.
Personal Information may also be collected by electronic means. When you visit our site, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies but without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
Our web servers may also log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you used to connect to the Internet. To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
If you process credit card payments with us, we do not store your credit card details but your email address will be sent to our payment gateway (PayGate) for notification purposes. If you enter your Discovery Health membership number, we may automatically send this number to Discovery Health for verification.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We do not sell or otherwise disclose any personal information we collect about you.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers or affiliates who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions (we do not authorize these service providers or affiliates to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf and not for their own benefit);
- Other third parties if we are compelled to do so by law or in terms of a court order;
- Other third parties with your consent.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
Security of Personal Information:
We protect your personal information by using electronic safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
When you enter sensitive information, such as Identity (ID) numbers, names, hospital details, mothers details, fathers details, billing and shipping addresses, Discovery Health Membership number and surname, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Your name and e-mail address will not be encrypted. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us.
Retention of personal information:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
- We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Next Biosciences across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network.
- AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the Next Biosciences website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
- This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
- The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “This person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.”
- Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- If you do not wish to see ads from Next Biosciences you can opt out in several ways:
Transfers of Personal Information outside South Africa:
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country in the event that you elect to store the stem cells in the United Kingdom. You consent to us processing and disclosing your personal information in a foreign country under these circumstances.
Third Party Limitation: