Next Biosciences places great importance on data security and data protection.
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who have subscribed to the services offered by Next Biosciences.
Please note that Next Biosciences includes any of the entities listed below:
- Next Biosciences (Pty) Ltd
- Netcells Stemcells (Pty) Ltd
- Next Genetics (Pty) Ltd
- Next Biologics (Pty) Ltd
- Hexa Laboratories (Pty) Ltd
The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use and protect personal information.
Should you decide to access the website or register as a user or customer on the website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
If you process credit card payments with us, we do not store your credit card details but your email address will be sent to our payment gateway (PayGate) for notification purposes. If you enter your Discovery Health membership number, we may automatically send this number to Discovery Health for verification.
You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
Subject to disclosure for legal reasons as set out below, we will not, without your express consent:
Use your personal information for any purpose other than:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of services;
- to contact you regarding current or new services or any other goods offered by us or any of our partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our service offering and your experience on our website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the website
Disclose your personal information to any third party other than:
- to our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our website, email or any other method, for the ordering of services or when delivering services to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third-party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these terms and conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services, testing services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- if applicable, to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any services you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Next Biosciences is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
We will ensure that all of our employees, third-party service providers, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third-party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
Ratings and Reviews: When you provide a rating or review of a service, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your username, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the website. We will not display your first or last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
Next Biosciences will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Next Biosciences undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
Security of Personal Information
We protect your personal information by using electronic safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
When you enter sensitive information, such as Identity (ID) numbers, names, hospital details, parents’ details, billing and shipping addresses, Discovery Health Membership number and surname, we encrypt the transmission of that information using Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is however, 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you may contact us.
- We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Next Biosciences across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network.
- AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the Next Biosciences website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
- This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
- The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that: “This person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- If you do not wish to see ads from Next Biosciences you can opt out in the following ways:
Transfers of Personal Information outside South Africa
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country, where necessary to render the services to you or where our suppliers are located abroad. You consent to us processing and disclosing your personal information in a foreign country under these circumstances.
Contact Number +27 (0)11 697 2900
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
International Business Gateway,
Cnr New Road and 6th Road,
PO Box 53,